Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Let's go to the Ti Mache/Flea Market

Signage of Hialeah Opa Locka Flea Market in Miami, FL.


One of my favorite activities on a weekend includes going to a Ti Marche or Flea Market. And it definitely does not matter whether it is indoor or outdoor. The bigger the better! I have so many memories of going to the local flea market a child with my parents. It was so much fun eating the food, shopping and playing with random kids. You can find inexpensive locally grown fruit, great bargains and special herbs, especially items one may not find in a commercial store or ridiculously over priced elsewhere. Lots and lots of handmade imported items, clothes and special pieces from all over the globe.

Haitian Artwork Booth at Yellow Green Farmer's Market in Hollywood

Owner of Tcha Tcha

To my amazement, there was a beautiful young lady selling beautiful Haitian Art and Jewelry at the Yellow Green Farmer's Market in Hollywood, FL. Now the Yellow & Green Market is located in a barn that's well vented. But there are of course the traditional market.

Hubby taking a moment to wipe off the sweat from the Miami Heat.

I will keep you posted on my findings at my local Ti Marche.


ygfarmersmarket.com

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to actually try some of your recipes. They seem really great. I have a half haitian daughter and I want her to still be able to partake in her culture even though her father isn't around

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some men suck, but thank you. Hope you and your daughter will enjoy all the dishes and have fun making them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mrs.Barbara, I looks at a few of your pictures and noticed you have natural hair. I recently got a hair cut. I was just wondering if you have any advice, product you especially value or anything of the kind so that one day my hair can grow and looks like yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings,

      I myself have been natural for awhile. If your looking for products, style, inspiration...checkout (naptural85) on youtube.com or just Google natural hair..ECT.

      I hope this helps!!
      MD

      Delete
  4. The address to the location please

    ReplyDelete